Behind the Beauty (Business) – Insiders take you behind-the-scenes of the beauty industry and offer insights into the best careers available across the industry and what it takes to prepare for a career within the business.
• Behind the Products (STEM) – A closer look at how beauty products are created. From the initial concept to R&D to creating consumer excitement. Plus learn the role that media and influencers play in telling the product story online and in-stores.
• Behind the Glam (Artistry) – An in-depth exploration of trends in action. Industry experts will provide the inside scoop on everything from creating looks for the runway, to crafting a celebrity statement on the red carpet and how beauty is interpreted for various mediums including television, film and live performances.
• Be A Beauty Boss (Entrepreneurship) – Discover what a successful beauty entrepreneur needs to know—from developing an idea to setting the right price, and getting your first customer. Plus, lessons learned from women and girls who have made the journey.
- Next Generation Beauty Lab (STEM Intensive for Rising HS Juniors and Seniors) – If you have always been curious about the creation and formulation of beauty products this two-week lab is for you. Experienced cosmetic chemists will lead you in the discovery of the skills necessary to develop hair, skin and makeup products while perfumers will offer you the inside scoop on how fragrance is made. You’ll hear from guest lecturers who reveal how they decided on this career path, lab visits will give you first-hand knowledge about how things work and you’ll also learn about finding the right college to help you prepare for this career.
- Beauty Meets Tech (An App Development Program for Middle and High School Girls) – Learn how your interest in beauty can be combined with technology. We’ll teach you how to translate your idea into a prototype for a mobile app.